GET TO KNOW US
THE Associates BOARD SUPPORTS THE OVERALL MISSION AND PROGRAMS OF GADS HILL CENTER. WE ARE A GROUP OF DRIVEN, SMART, AND AMBITIOUS INDIVIDUALS WHO WORK TOGETHER AND ARE READY TO HELP THE CHILDREN, YOUTH, AND FAMILIES OF OUR COMMUNITIES BUILD BETTER LIVES.
The mission of the Associates Board is to empower individuals' professional development by positively influencing local underserved communities.
Board candidates must:
- Be based in Chicagoland Identify as a young professional (professionally employed in full-time corporate, non-profit, or activist work)
- Have a connection with GHC Community, including but not limited to:
- Ties to GHC neighborhoods on Chicago’s south and southwest sides (particularly Pilsen, Brighton Park, North Lawndale, and Chicago Lawn)
BE a part of something Bigger
As a member, you will positively impact some of Chicago’s most underserved communities while improving upon Gads Hill Center’s 125-year legacy of service. The Associates Board is dedicated to expanding Gads Hill Center's mission and efforts while giving you the opportunity to develop critical leadership skills, work with GHC community members, stakeholders, and staff, and contribute to sustainable change for those in need.
- Professional and leadership opportunities through committee and event chairmanship
- Exclusive volunteer opportunities
- Broaden professional skill sets through instructor-led training annually
- Expand leadership skills
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the nonprofit sector
- Network with other young professionals in Chicago
Become a MEMBER
Be part of the Gads Hill Center legacy, become a member today, and join our growing group of young talented leaders.
To be considered, send us your resume and cover letter.
- Attend at least 4 out of 6 formal board meetings (either virtually] or in person) per fiscal year. In-person meetings must occur at one of GHC’s sites.
- Board members must also attend 4 out of 6 committee meetings occurring within each Fiscal Year. These meetings can be more informal and take place off GHC’s campus but must focus on committee tasks.
- Raise a combined total of $10,000 by the end of each Fiscal Year to contribute toward Gads Hill Center fundraising goals.
- Collaborate with GHC leadership and the Board of Directors to set quarterly Associates Board goals for volunteer hours, attendance, donations, or facilitating new connections.
- Help increase the visibility of the Gads Hill brand through social media and volunteer activities.
- Recruit and support volunteers across multiple fields who will contribute to GHC program efforts
- Maintain positive working relationships with other board members and the Gads Hill Board of Directors.
- Maintain a commitment to GHC’s mission and strategic goals.
- In addition to the Associates Board Annual Fundraiser, participate in at least one other event for Gads Hill Center including but not limited to:
- Annual Golf Outing
- Back-to-school celebration
- Giving Tuesday
- Holiday Wishes Toy Drive
- Annual Spring Gala
- Raise a combined total of at least $10,000 during each fiscal year
- Secure auction items, sponsorships, or ticket sales for major Gads Hill Center fundraisers
- Participate in at least one (1) other Gads Hill Center event